A long-time Wetaskiwin resident, Rick Wilson is running as a candidate for the United Conservative Party.
Wilson has had a number of unique career pursuits including, county councilor, school board trustee, chairman of crossroads regional health authority, agricultural debt review board member for Western Canada, local business owner, and local farmer. Through his experience in these occupations, he believes that he is prepared to handle the responsibilities of an MLA.
Wilson’s main goal is to improve the economy. He believes that by improving the economy healthcare, education, and familial stability will be improved in the process.
Here are some of the things he promises to do if he gets elected, according to his website, http://www.voteforrickwilson.com/About-Rick.
- Revitalize the Alberta Advantage.
- Get pipelines built and restore investor confidence in Alberta.
- Repeal the disastrous Carbon Tax
- Stop punishing people for being successful
- Get control of the debt so we are not burdening future generations.
- ?Government Debt = FUTURE Taxes
- Work with Government departments to look for EFFICIENCIES which do not affect front line staff
- Create a business-friendly environment and eliminate Government “Red-Tape”so investors will once again see Alberta as the best place in the world to invest their money.
- Utilize technology and engage our educated and intelligent youth to help diversify our economy.
Rick Wilson did not respond to our attempts to contact him for an interview.