Twice a year, Lacombe residents can dispose of unwanted and reusable items at the front of their property near the curb. There should be a sign indicating that those items are ‘free’ so other community members can pick up those items and reuse them.
At the end of the week, the remaining items will be picked up by the City of Lacombe and discarded.
The City will be taking the following items for collection:
- Brush and Wood
- Leaves, Sod & Garden Waste
- Appliances including fridge, freezers, AC units, etc.
- Swing sets and trampolines (dismantled)
The City will not be accepting the following items:
- Unmanageable piles and piles that have not been sorted or separated. (Piles should be sorted with similar items for example wood piles, metal piles, yard waste piles, furniture piles, etc.)
- Hazardous waste such as oil, cleaning solutions, paint, antifreeze, aerosols, railway ties, etc.
- Construction waste such as drywall, concrete, roofing materials, fence and deck boards, porcelain toilets or sinks, etc.
- Cardboard (boxes should be broken down and cardboard should be taken to Wolf Creek Drive recycle site.
This spring’s Trash to Treasures Week will be from May 14th to May 21st with item collection for disposal to follow. Here's a look at the pick-up schedule.