On Monday April 17, at arround 3:10 p.m., the Penhold Volunteer Fire Department responded to alarms ringing at the Penhold Regional Multiplex.

The building had been evacuated by municipal staff prior to the fire department arriving on scene. Preliminary inspection of the facility located a smoldering fire in the electrical room. It was determined the cause of the fire was inappropriately disposed of smoking materials on the exterior of the building.

Fire Captain Warren Kitteringham reminds everyone, “Be sure to dispose of cigarettes appropriately and ensure they are out. Conditions are dry and with a little wind, things can get out of control quickly.”

Three (3) apparatus and 12 firefighters responded to the alar

photo of fire trucks