In Dec. 2022, Old RCMP started an investigation into a male selling drugs from a business in Olds. As a result of the investigation, on February 2, 2023, multiple RCMP units from the central Alberta area executed search warrants at a business in Olds as well as a residence in Bowden.
As the result of both searches RCMP seized:
· 77 grams on suspected Cocaine Methamphetamine
· 69 grams of suspected Fentanyl
· 2.5 grams of suspected Heroin
· 1,354.75 grams of Cannabis
· 10 grams of Cannabis resin
· Small amounts of Metronidazole, Adderall, Codeine, Lyrica, Cyclobenzaprine, Lorazepam, Hydro Morphine, LSD
· 18 grams of Psilocybin
· 1 Shotgun
· 1 replica firearm
· 8 Pellet guns
· A taser device
· 60 assorted edged weapons
RCMP have charged Lyle Andrus (60), a resident of Bowden, with:
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking (x3)
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm/prohibited weapon or restricted weapon (x4)
· Offences under the Cannabis Act (x2).
Andrus was taken before a Justice of the Peace and released on bail. His next court appearance is set for March 6, 2023, at Didsbury Provincial Court.
“There are concerns that drug activity has gone up in the community with two recent drugs seizures. Drug activity has not gone up but rather RCMP have successfully concluded 2 drug investigations resulting in local residents being charged with offences as well as large seizures of drugs and weapons. The RCMP are working very hard to ensure that community safety,” says Staff Sergeant Warren Wright Detachment Commander Olds RCMP.
Olds RCMP are asking the public's assistance in reporting information about suspected drug trafficking in the community. Please contact Olds RCMP at 403-556-3323or your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the "P3 Tips" app. available through the Apple App or Google Play Store