Red Deer RCMP have arrested and charged a male, and seized drugs, following a lengthy investigation.
In July 2022, Red Deer RCMP received information concerning criminal activity at an address in the neighbourhood of Upper Fairview. Red Deer RCMP Crime Reduction Team (CRT) launched an investigation.
On Nov. 23, 2022, Red Deer RCMP CRT, with the assistance of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), Red Deer RCMP Police Dog Service (PDS), and Red Deer RCMP General InvestigNiation Section (GIS), executed a search warrant at a residence.
The search resulted in the seizure of the following:
· Over 77 grams of Methamphetamine
· Over 220 grams of Fentanyl
· 350 mL of GHB
· Numerous items of stolen property
· A restricted firearm
Further investigation led to the arrest of Michael Langille, who was located by Red Deer RCMP CRT on Jan. 12, 2023.
Michael Langille, a resident of Red Deer, Alberta, has been charged with 12 Criminal offences, including the following:
· Possession of Methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
· Possession of Fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking
· Possession of Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate
· Possession of a restricted firearm
· Unsafe storage of a firearm
· Possession of property obtained by crime
· Possession of stolen Canada Border Services Agency ID Badge
A Judicial Interim Release (JIR) Hearing was held and Michael Langille was held in custody, to appear in Red Deer Provincial Court today, Jan. 13, 2023.
Red Deer RCMP CRT continues to investigate this matter and further charges are anticipated.
If you have information about this incident or any other illegal activity, please call the Red Deer RCMP at 403-406-2200 or call your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com ( http://www.p3tips.com/ ) or by using the "P3 Tips" app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.