This was a brand new recipe for me, and I have to say I am beyond impressed. While the recipe originally said to cook on the stove top, I do NOT have time for that, so I used the slow cooker instead. I find it always makes a more complex tasting meal, since all the ingredients have a lot of time to meld together. This is one of the easiest recipes I have made so far, and with the rice, it makes a big portion, so it is great to feed a family and still have leftovers.
In your crockpot, add the following ingredients
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- ½ cup broccoli
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed)
- ½ cup green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 small cans of light coconut milk (you can use full fat, but I find it adds a lot of unnecessary calories)
- 1 cup veggie stock
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Set crockpot on low for 7-9 hours
Cook 2 cups brown rice separately, serve together and enjoy!
I enjoy eating mine with lettuce boats, get some extra greens in there and the crunch is a nice touch!!