One thing I love about cooking with whole grains is that you can make a large pot of something like quinoa, or rice, and use it throughout the week. Food prep once a week SAVES MY LIFE! We don't always have tons of time to create a new meal throughout the day, so prepping with something like quinoa allows you to use it many times throughout your week.
That is where I discovered this salad recipe. It keeps well (almost a week) although it's so delicious, chances are you will eat it all long before it's expiration date! And the best part? It is soooo simple!
All you need it
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (once cooked, set aside until cool)
- one large handfull of greens (I used spinach)
- half a cucumber, diced
- one bell pepper (any colour works), diced
- 1 grated medium to large carrot
- 1/2 block grated vegan cheese (I use Daiya's Jalapeno Havarti "Cheese")
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
*Wisk together dressing and pour over entire salad.
This is perfect if you have a potluck you're heading to, or some friends over for a meal, it goes far, is cheap to put together, and is savoury and delicious!