A post on ‘The City of Lacombe’ Facebook page is reminding residents to shovel the sidewalk adjacent to your property to avoid a hefty fine.
All residents including businesses, property owners or tenants are required to clear snow and ice from sidewalks adjacent to their properties within 48 hours of each snowfall.
There are a number of different fines that can be received for failure to clean up including:
- $100 fine for pushing snow from your driveway to the road
- $100 for the first offence for failure to clear snow and ice from the sidewalk
- $150 for a second offence within 6 months for failure to clear snow and ice from the sidewalk
- $200 for a third offence within 6 months for failure to clear snow and ice from the sidewalk
- Slippery, unsafe sidewalks tickets can be given out with no notice
Enforcement Officers go on patrol 48 hours following the end of a snowfall, starting January 7 their hours have changed to become more available to the public. The City of Lacombe's Bylaw Enforcement Services now has evening hours and Saturday service.
Residents can call Bylaw Enforcement Services at (403) 782-1269 or email [email protected] Monday to Saturday, between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. with concerns around snow and ice, parking, animal control, nuisances, unsightly premises and business licences.