From Innisfail RCMP:
On December 4th, 2018 at approximately 1145 am Innisfail RCMP received a complaint of a male highly intoxicated at the Super 8 motel in Innisfail Alberta.
RCMP arrived a found a highly intoxicated male inside the lounge area at the motel and the male was identified and found to be on conditions not to be in a licenced premise.
The male was arrested and was found to have a lanyard on his person with a key fob that belonged to a vehicle in the parking lot.
This vehicle was confirmed stolen and a search of the vehicle revealed numerous suspected stolen items as well as weapons and illegal substances.
Kent Leigh Nichol, 39 yrs, of Red Deer County has been charged with:
- ·Possession for the purpose of Trafficking X5
- ·Unauthorized Possession of a firearm X4
- ·Possession of a weapon dangerous to public X7
- ·Possess firearm/ammo contrary to prohibition X21
- ·Possession of stolen property over $5000
- ·Possession of stolen property under $5000 X6
- ·Possession of break in tools
- ·Breach probation X8
- ·Possess ID documents X4
Nichol has been remanded to appear December 11, 2018, at 0930 am in Red Deer Provincial Court.
Property crimes are a priority for the RCMP.
Alberta RCMP is committed to increasing inter-agency communication, shared criminal intelligence and a strategic focus on prolific property crimes offenders, in keeping with the K Division emphasis on crime reduction strategies.