At 4:29 am, Environment Canada issed a wind warning for many parts of Central Alberta.
Winds will start to pick up later this afternoon with gusts to 90 km/hr possible this evening. Be careful if you plan on driving as blowing debris is possible and objects may be blown onto area highways.
Winds will diminish Tuesday afternoon.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Wind warning in effect for:
- City of Red Deer
- Co. of Stettler near Stettler Nevis and Rochon Sands
- Lacombe Co. near Clive Alix and Mirror
- Lacombe Co. near Eckville
- Lacombe Co. near Lacombe Blackfalds and Bentley
- Ponoka Co. near Ponoka and Maskwacis
- Red Deer Co. near Elnora Lousana and Delburne
- Red Deer Co. near Penhold Innisfail and Bowden
- Red Deer Co. near Pine Lake
- Red Deer Co. near Spruce View and Red Lodge Prov. Park
- Red Deer Co. near Sylvan Lake and Stephansson House