Councillor Kendall Kloss is stepping down as Town of Sylvan Lake Councillor, after accepting a position as Vice Principal at the Canadian International School in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. The Town of Sylvan Lake thanks Councillor Kloss and his entire family for their contributions to our community and wishes him all the best in his future endeavours. His last day in office is Friday July 15, 2022.
A by-election is set for Wednesday September 6, 2022, to fill the vacant Councillor position. Nomination packages are available online or at the Municipal Government Building (5012 48th Avenue).
Councillor Kloss has served as a member of Council since 2017 and was re-elected in October of 2021. He formally taught in Macao, China from 2011-2015 at the Canadian International School of Macao.
“I have loved serving our community as a teacher, councillor, and resident. Working with Mayor and council has been a fantastic experience. Sylvan Lake is a resilient community that is a premiere destination in Alberta and I know the leadership within the Town and the elected officials will make the Town where Lakers will continue to thrive," said Councillor Kendall Kloss
“Councillor Kloss has made a positive impact on our community during his time on council. He shows up to every meeting with a vision to the future and outside of the box ideas. He will be missed tremendously by our council, but we are all excited for where this next adventure will take him and his family.” – Mayor Megan Hanson
- Candidate Information Night: July 21, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
- Interested candidates can speak with current council members and the Returning Officer to learn more about the roles and responsibilities of council prior to filing nomination papers.
- Nomination Period Opens: July 16
- Nomination Deadline: August 9, 12:00 PM
- Candidate Forum: August 31, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Advance Polls Open: September 2 & September 3, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Election Night: September 6, 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- More details can be found on the Town's Election page