On January 17, 2017 a suspect associated to the armed robbery of a convenience store in Sylvan Lake was arrested by Maskwacis RCMP members.
Information was received by Maskwacis RCMP relating to firearms in a home, and as a result, 18-year-old Oscar Jeremy Labelle-Mackinaw of Maskwacis was arrested in a residence.
He is facing ten criminal code charges in relation to the Sylvan Lake robbery as follows:
- Robbery with a firearm
- Disguise with intent
- Pointing a firearm (x 2 counts)
- Possess a firearm without a license
- Possess a firearm while prohibited
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Fail to comply with a condition of an Undertaking (x 3 counts)
Maskwacis RCMP also laid seven criminal charges as follows:
- Possession of a firearm while prohibited
- Fail to comply with a Recognizance (x 3 counts)
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Obstruction of a police officer
Two firearms were seized at the residence.
Labelle-Mackinaw remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in Provincial Court of Alberta in Red Deer on January 20, 2017.
Both the Sylvan Lake RCMP and Maskwacis RCMP continue to investigate and are working closely with witnesses and neighbouring detachments to identify the other suspect in this armed robbery.
If you have information about this investigation, or other investigations, please call the Sylvan Lake RCMP at 403-858-7200 or call your local police detachment.
If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS.