In September of 2022, Sylvan Lake General Investigation Section (GIS), in partnership with Blackfalds GIS, conducted a joint forces operation into the drug trafficking activities of a male in Sylvan Lake. As a result of this investigation, an arrest warrant was sought for 28-year-old Tyson Ethier, a resident of Jarvis Bay.
On Oct. 18, 2022, Sylvan Lake and Blackfalds, with the assistance of Red Deer GIS, the Emergency Response Team and Red Deer Police Dog Services, located and arrested Tyson Etheir. Following his arrest, a search warrant was obtained for Ethier’s truck. As a result of this search, the following was seized:
- 17.8 grams of suspected methamphetamine
- 34 grams of suspected cocaine
- 10 grams suspected fentanyl
- $9,740.00 in Canadian currency.
- Prohibited weapons including a conducted energy weapon
- Items associated with drug trafficking
- A loaded hand gun with the serial number removed
- A Ford truck
Ethier has been charged with 14 offences, some of which include:
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purposes of trafficking (x3)
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possession of a loaded prohibited weapon
Ethier has been remanded into custody and will be appearing in Sylvan Lake Provincial Court on Nov. 4, 2022.