At around 3:40 Sunday afternoon, Environment Canada issued a snowfall warning for the Rocky Mountain House, Nordegg areas.
Significant snowfall is expected tonight through Tuesday, with widespread totals of 20 to 40 cm by Tuesday night. This snowfall will be caused by two distinct weather systems.
Snowfall will begin this evening along a cold front, with 5 to 10 cm expected by Monday morning. Locally higher amounts are possible, particularly along the foothills west of Calgary, which could see 10 to 20 cm overnight. Reduced visibilities in heavy snowfall are anticipated.
Snowfall with the second system will begin late Monday afternoon, bringing another 15 to 25 cm by Tuesday evening.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. Take frequent breaks and avoid strain when clearing snow.
check the latest forecast by clicking here.
Snowfall warning in effect for:
- Brazeau Co. near Brazeau Dam
- Clearwater Co. near Caroline and James River Bridge
- Clearwater Co. near Rocky Mtn House and Crimson Lake
- O'Chiese 203 Res. and Clearwater Co. near Sunchild Cree Res.
- Clearwater Co. near Nordegg and Big Horn Res.
- ClearwaterCo. near Ya-Ha-Tinda Ranch