The Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce announced the 2022 Business of the Year Awards to six recipients at their 39th Business of the Year Awards held at the Red Deer Polytechnic Arts Centre.
An independent adjudication committee comprised of local business leaders selected 18 finalists from more than 92 nominees in this annual celebration of business excellence.
The winner this year are:
- Small Business of the Year category, - The Red Deer Mechanic
- Business of the Year category – Central Alberta Co-op Ltd.
- New Business of the Year category – Hello Beautiful Bridal Boutique.
- Emerging Business of the Year category – Recovery Lab
- The Non-Profit Award category – Central Alberta Humane Society
- Business Leader of the Year category - Donna Purcell – Donna Purcell QC Law
Businesses are nominated by the public, and the adjudication committee narrow down the nominees to 18 finalists. The committee then conducts a comprehensive evaluation to determine the finalists. As an outcome of this process, the winners are also determined, however the results are sealed and embargoed until the awards ceremony.
The Red Deer & District Chamber of Commerce is a collaborative leader in building a vibrant community and fosters an environment where businesses can lead, be innovative, sustainable, and grow.