Building permit values decreased in July, with 92 approved permits valued at $6 million, compared with 85 permits issued in July 2022 worth $16 million.
Year-to-date values remain lower in 2023, with current values at $45 million compared with $105.7 million last year.
Notable permits include:
- Building permit for construction of foundation for new worship facility at 394 Townsend Street, valued at $1.2 million
- Building permit for construction of a truck bay addition at 5410 50 Avenue, valued at $550,000
- Building permit for interior renovations for optical retailer and optometrist at 316 4900 Molly Banister Drive, valued at $335,000
- Building permit for tenant improvements for dance studio at B2 2319 Taylor Drive, valued at $300,000
- Building permit for construction of two modular classroom units at 4210 59 Street, valued at $280,000