It’s time to begin rounding up your old electronics and hazardous waste. The City of Lacombe will be hosting their Recycling Round Up this upcoming Saturday, September 17, 2022.
On that day, you can bring your old computers, broken electronics, TV’s paint and other household hazardous wastes to the City of Lacombe’s Infrastructure Services building located on 5444-56 Avenue from 10 AM to 2 PM.
Here’s a look at some of the accepted items:
- Latex, oil and alkyd paints, arts and craft supplies, old chemistry sets and moth balls
- Wood stains, glues, thinners and solvents
- Laundry detergents, bleach (ammonia), oven cleaners, dry cleaning fluid, photo chemicals and spot removers
- Waste acids, rust removers, drain and toilet cleaners, metal polish and pool chemicals
- Household herbicides and pesticides, lawn fertilizers, insect sprays
- Car and household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs and tubes
- Aerosol containers, household propane tanks (30lbs maximum)
- Materials containing heavy metals such as mercury, lead or cadmium
- Electronics including televisions, computers equipment such as monitors and keyboards, cameras, phones, VCR/DVD players, stereos and MP3 players
- Gasoline, diesel, brake fluid, transmission fluid, kerosene, washer fluid, antifreeze, engine and radiator fluids
Items that are not eligible for recycling include:
- Commercial, industrial or agricultural hazardous waste
- Biomedical waste
- Expired medications
- Radioactive waste
- Pressurized gas cylinders (e.g. acetylene tanks)
Following Recycling Roundup Lacombe residents can look forward to the Fall Cleanup on October 11th to 20th.