On November 2nd, 2016 at 1:43pm, the Blackfalds RCMP received a front counter complaint from an individual stating that their child had consumed candy received Halloween night, and had then become sick.
The children had only been trick or treating in the community of Clive.
There was no prior complaints made to the Blackfalds RCMP with this concern.
The symptoms are described as:
1. Pale Skin
2. Dilated Pupils
3. Breaking out into a sweat.
The candy is described as an orange sugar candy with a black centre, approximately the size of a loonie.
We are urging people to discard any candy that matches that description and only consume items which do not appear to have been tampered with.
This matter is still under investigation.
See attached picture of the candy that was turned into our detachment.
Blackfalds RCMP are asking anyone who has information about this incident, to call Blackfalds RCMP at 403-885-3300.
If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers
RCMP in Cochrane meantime have received a complaint that sewing needles had been found in two large size chocolate bars.
The complainant had been checking their children’s Halloween candy after taking them trick or treating when they found a sewing needle in a large O’Henry bar and another sewing needle in a large Kit Kat bar.
The complainant called the Cochrane RCMP to report this and advised that the children had been trick or treating on the west side of Glen Eagles.
The exact location the bars were received from is still under investigation and if there are any other incidents with tampered candy the RCMP are strongly encouraging it to be reported to help narrow down where this could have taken place at.
If you have any information about these or any other incident, please call the Cochrane RCMP at 403-851-8000 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
In Okotoks, Mounties say a razor blade was found after a child dumped candy into a bowl, but police believe the blade was loose in the bag.