January 23 2017 - Red Deer RCMP arrested 29 year old Mathew Duda the afternoon of January 22.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear in court in Red Deer on January 26 at 9:30 am to face 11 Criminal Code charges including six weapons charges.
RCMP thank the public for their assistance.
January 19 2017 - After an exhaustive investigation into an incident in July during which shots were fired in a convenience store parking lot after a traffic dispute, Red Deer RCMP have charged 29 year old Mathew Duda of Red Deer and are searching for him on Alberta-wide warrants.
Mathew Joseph Duda has been charged with:
· Criminal Code 244.2(1) – Discharge firearm with intent
· Criminal Code 249.1(1) – Operate motor vehicle while being pursued by police
· Criminal Code 117.01(1) – Possession of weapon contrary to prohibition order
· Criminal Code 88(1) – Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
· Criminal Code 86(1) – Careless use of a firearm
· Criminal Code 95(1) – Possession of prohibited firearm with ammo without license
· Criminal Code 94(1) – Possession of firearm/ ammunition in motor vehicle
· Criminal Code 259(4) – Driving while disqualified X 2
· TSA 54(1)(a) – Drive uninsured motor vehicle X 2
Mathew Duda is described as Caucasian, 6’1” tall, 155 lbs, short brown hair and brown eyes.
The public is advised not to approach Mathew Duda if he is seen.
If you see Mathew Duda or have information about his whereabouts, contact Red Deer RCMP immediately at 403.343.5575.
If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8477 or report it online at www.tipsubmit.com.
July 12 2016 - Red Deer RCMP are looking for the man who shot at a truck after a traffic dispute early this morning in Normandeau, then abandoned the car and fled police on foot.
The incident occurred at 5:25 am on July 12 in the Corral Foods parking lot on 59 Avenue when the driver of the truck attempted to confront the driver of a white Chrysler Intrepid after a traffic dispute.
The man driving the Intrepid pointed a handgun at the truck and then shot at it as the truck departed.
No one was injured, and the suspect Intrepid fled eastbound on 67 Street.
RCMP located the Intrepid and followed it to the area of Range Road 275 west of Red Deer.
The driver abandoned the car and fled on foot; he was not located.
RCMP have seized the Intrepid and continue to investigate.
An update will be issued as more information becomes available.
If you have information about this incident, please contact the Red Deer RCMP at 403.343.5575. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8477 or report it online at www.tipsubmit.com.