Motorists are advised upcoming traffic disruptions over the weekend and into next week as crews work to complete micro-surfacing on main roads throughout the south end of the city.
Friday, September 15:
- 19 Street from 30 Avenue to east of Vermont Avenue. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction with intermittent closures of Vermont Avenue.
- 32 Street from Metcalf Avenue/Allan Street to Douglas Avenue/Lockwood Avenue (excluding the intersection at 30 Avenue). Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction with intermittent closures at the intersection at 32 Street and Douglas Avenue/Lockwood Avenue.
Saturday, September 16:
- 40 Avenue from McBride Crescent to Anders Street/Spencer Street. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- The intersection of 32 Street and 40 Avenue will be closed from approximately 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday, September 17:
- 32 Street from 57 Avenue to Taylor Drive. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction with intermittent closures at the intersections of 32 Street and 57 Avenue and 32 Street and 55 Avenue. Red Deer Polytechnic can be accessed through College Circle during this work.
Monday, September 18 to approximately Monday, September 25:
- 32 Street from west of 47 Avenue to east of 40 Avenue. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction with intermittent closures at intersections.
Drivers should expect delays or plan an alternate route through these areas. Drivers are reminded to slow down when approaching or driving in construction areas and obey all signs. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, Lacombe Online encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the Lacombe Online app.