It’s Senior’s Week and there are a number of exciting things happening around the City to show appreciation for Lacombe’s seniors.
Half-Price Library Memberships or Renewals at Mary C. Moore Public Library
If it’s time to renew your membership, this is the week to do it. From June 6 to 11th seniors can renew their membership for half the price. Additionally, they can take home a free craft kit while supplies last.
Seniors will also be welcome to come grab a coffee on Friday, June 10th from 10 AM to 12 PM in the library.
Kinsmen Aquatic Centre
Seniors can receive a 10% discount on all Senior Monthly Memberships at the Kinsmen Aquatic Centre as well as take part in some free programs:
Free water fitness classes for seniors from this June 6-10
Free AquaZumba on Monday, June 6 from 8PM to 9PM
Potluck after Water Fitness Wednesday, June 8 from 12 to 1:30PM
Lacombe Family and Community Support Services events:
The Lacombe FCSS has a week jam packed full of events for seniors this week. Additionally, seniors can access the Connex Bus for free this week by calling 403-786-9000.
Tuesday, June 7
- Seniors workout and Lunch at Burman University PE Centre from 10:30AM-12:30PM
- Cornhole and Bocce Ball Tournament at the LMC Gardens from 1:30PM-3:30PM
Wednesday, June 8
- Beginner Walking Group with trained dogs at the Research Station Parking lot from 10:00 to 10:45
- Advanced Walking Group with trained dogs at Cranna Lake from 1:00PM to 1:45.
- Kozy Korner Strawberry Tea from 1:30 to 3:30 ($3 admission)
Thursday, June 9
- Paint Night & Stretch Class at Lacombe Lifelong Learning 9:30 AM to 12:00PM
- Lacombe Legion Tea and Entertainment at the Lacombe Legion 1:30PM to 3:30PM
Friday, June 10
- Outdoor BBQ with Entertainment by Daniel ‘Jukebox’ Leigh from 11:30AM to 1:00PM
Saturday, June 11
- Heritage Skills and Art in the Mark at the Lacombe Museum from 10 AM to 4PM