On Apr. 13, 2022, at approximately 2:15 a.m., Olds RCMP were patrolling in the area of 55 Street and 63 Avenue in Olds. Police located a vehicle illegally parked askew on the wrong side of the street. Police checks of the license plate revealed the plate was not associated to the vehicle and a traffic stop was initiated. Further investigation discovered the vehicle to have been stolen out of Calgary.
The driver, and lone occupant, of the vehicle was arrested. A search of the vehicle found tools consistent with those used for the purpose of breaking and entering, a can of bear spray, and various credit cards and identification cards that did not belong to the driver.
The driver was also arrested on outstanding warrants for arrest. Christopher Clark (37) of Calgary is charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000
- Obstruction of a Peace Officer
- Identify Theft
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of Property obtained by Crime under $5000
- Possession of Break and Enter tools
- Possession of methamphetamine
A judicial hearing was held and Clark was released to appear in Didsbury Provincial Court on May 9, 2022.
As this matter is before the court no further information can be released.