A special air quality statement has been issued by Environment Canada for areas in central Alberta.
Those ares include:
- Mountain View County near Carstairs and Stirlingville
- Mountain View County near Cremona, Water Valley
- Mountain View County near Olds and Didsbury
- Mountain View County near Sundre
- Rocky View County near Airdrie and Crossfield
- Rocky View County near Bottrel and Madden
- Rocky View County near Cochrane
Stagnant winter conditions are creating elevated pollution levels in the air. Individuals may experience increased coughing, throat irritation, headaches or shortness of breath. Children, Seniors and those with cardiovascular or lung disease like asthma, are especially at risk.
If you start developing symptoms such as coughing, or throat irritation, it is recommended you reduce your outdoor activity.
In the Red Deer area, it is predicted air quality will remain a low risk. You can view the Alberta Air Quality Health Index by clicking here.